May the long time sun shine upon you, all love surround you and the pure light within you, guide your way on "~Incredible String Band

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Spreading Our Wings....

Moss and I are still here in Oregon and very busy working in our new studio, making dolls, puppets, boots and hats for Faerieworlds Festival, which will take place on August 31st here in Eugene Oregon. Our fiber art business is starting to pick up and it seems settling down in a house was just the right thing for us. The extra space has really allowed us more room to expand and create, just as we had thought. After hand spinning my own yarn for many years I just recently decided to start selling it on Etsy and at the local weekly craft market here. Surprisingly people really liked it and we sold it the first day ! Needless to say I will be spinning more yarn in the near future.


With all this extra space we are finally able to fine tune our skills and production. Our hope is to work it out so that everything we are doing can be easily replicated in the bus. This will enable us to eventually go back out on the road again, selling and making our items in a more consistent and lucrative manner. Weather we will do this in our current bus or start over again building a smaller, more efficient one remains to be seen. We would really like one that could be easily taken over seas for travel in European countries....


While I will continue to update my blog from time to time as the mood strikes me..I have been also doing a lot of posting on Facebook and would like to invite everyone to connect with us there as well. I have included an app in the lower left hand corner of the page here and you can access my Facebook site that way.


I will leave you here with some random pictures from my life in the last few months...








A view from our kitchen window..

Moss and sage enjoy one of the many hot springs in Oregon...


Summer solstice celebration at the farm. That is our friends Bus-sauna in the background !

Moss and Sage at the beach on her second Birth Day..



Sage flies a kite all by herself for the first time, on her second Birth Day. She was SO excited !



Sage among the flowers


Sheep inspect a new fleece..


Preparing fleece for washing....


Faunas..the gentle one..


Our humble abode..




11 comments:

PurestGreen said...

I always look forward to your posts. The photos are beautiful and your new abode looks peaceful and lovely. All the best as we head through high summer and into the harvest.

Jack said...

Great to get an update from you guys. I actually passed through Eugene ealier this week...should have sent you guys a message to see if I could come by.

Will add you on FB now.

Take care,

Jack

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/

reddhedd said...

Hurray! An update!
Sage is darling, and your pics are lovely.
So glad things are well with you all.

Faith said...

Aww, that's awesome! I was worried about you...wondering if you would leave the house and do something else after your last post about how hard paying the rent was, etc. I am *so* glad it's all working out for you. I think of you often. I am so happy to see Sage on her birthday flying the kite, she is so pretty and looks so happy. Everyone looks so happy! :0) Could you please send me a convo through Etsy again when you have a chance so I can get your home address (again) I've lost it!

I also wanted to let you know that our family journal has moved, if you'd like to read there again! Blessings and much love~ Jenn and family

Adopt-a-Critter said...

Great to hear from you! :) Sage, as always, is a beautiful soul! The house looks great, too! So cozy! :)

Cadi said...

So beautiful. I just had my first hot pool experience while traveling in New Zealand. It's so awesome!

What beautiful pictures. What a blessing to be surrounded by so much beauty! Ahhhh. :-)

McCabeandco said...

Your photos are lovely. I love reading your blog and this story of your journey! Joy to you from Perth, Australia.

Tim

nutmeg click said...

!!! such a lovely family, in such lovely environs - beautiful

Lizz said...

Yay for hotsprings...eh?!

Kristina Dimitrijevic said...

Beautiful! Sage is so pretty! I love the animals too. Its always been my dream to live on a farm :)

Jasmine said...

I came here through the felting forum. What a beautiful lifestyle you have here :)